Give Our Combat Injured the Wings They Need
Join a national network of volunteer pilots and aircraft owners who lift our heroes when they need it most.
For Pilots/Aircraft Owners
Volunteer as pilot or register your aircraft with Veterans Airlift Command.
Many aircraft owners who volunteer with us are also pilots who welcome the opportunity to use their skills and resources to honor our nation’s heroes. Some hail from military backgrounds themselves. Some are seasoned aviators. Others simply have a passion for flying. But every volunteer has one thing in common—the desire to serve those who have served us.
In the interest of safety as well as camaraderie, the VAC encourages two rated pilots to fly together when practical.
Corporate Aircraft and Fractional Ownership Aircraft
Volunteering the use of a plane is an outstanding way for businesses to demonstrate their patriotism and put available resources to work for a good cause. For companies involved in fractional aircraft ownership programs, it’s an excellent use of unused flying hours.
Start your Aircraft Application form.
- Certification for instrument flight;
- A standard U.S. airworthiness certificate; and
- Licensure in the normal or utility category.
VAC is looking for qualified pilots with a heart for honoring veterans. The following are the qualifications we look for:
- A valid U.S. pilot’s license;
- Current medical;
- An instrument rating as well as ratings appropriate to the aircraft you will be flying; and
- A clean flying record: your license must never have been suspended or revoked, and the FAA must never have taken enforcement actions against you.
VAC also offers Pilot’s-in-Command, where pilots can supply their own aircraft.
More questions? Contact us today.
Ready to volunteer? Fill out our Pilot Application form. We look forward to serving our veterans with you.